Reply to post: Uninstaller??

Microsoft to release Visual Studio 2015 ahead of Windows 10

LucreLout
FAIL

Uninstaller??

I love C# and have been working with .Net since RC2 of the first framework arrived. I snagged charter MCAD membership I was that keen, and C# is my preferred language by a very long way.

But there IS a problem. The uninstallers for Visual Studio just don't work. I installed the community edition of Visual Studio 2103 update 4, which bluescreened the laptop (first time ever with Win 7) and failed to install.

No problem thinks I, just uninstall it, reboot, and go again. Yes, only the uninstaller doesn't work. It just doesn't uninstall the programs. Ok, no worries, lets just msiinv the registry, msiexec /x the packages, then smartMsiZap them. Still no dice. This thing is going to outlive the cockroaches.

So now faced with rebuilding my computer before the Win 10 migration, I'm starting to ask myself why I have to do that just to remove one piece of software. Seriously MS, you know what files you've copied and to where. You know what registry keys you've written and where they are. How hard can it be to make this work?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon