Reply to post: Re: So...but the screens are not what Sony think they are

Windows Phone is like religion – it gets people when they are down

StuCom
Windows

Re: So...but the screens are not what Sony think they are

Well there are many aspects to screen quality, not just colour accuracy. But on phone screen colour accuracy, you're mistaken. I don't remember a Sony phone screen being lauded as super accurate. If you read the spec sheet you'd believe they were the best displays in the world. But "marketing" != "product quality".

Google these words: "anandtech samsung galaxy s6 review display". I know it's only one site, but these guys are among the best in my opinion. Look at the results graphs for the different handsets. Notice a theme? Go ahead and check out the Xperia Z1s and Z3 reviews, too..

Sony colour accurate? Not so much, no. Better than Sony/Samsung? Nope. And this is only colour accuracy/brightness. View your Sony phone screen slightly off centre.. Look at that rubbish! Also, see how the text seems to be sat below a thick pane of glass? Compare that to a Sammy, Apple or my Nokia 930. They look like the graphics are painted on the surface. That's good engineering, right there.

If you're into your photos then you should really switch to an Apple or Samsung phone (with the "auto-crap" turned off).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022