Reply to post: Re: Does it really save that much?

Ecobee3: If you're crazy enough to want a smart thermostat – but not too crazy – this is for you

Anonymous Coward
Meh

Re: Does it really save that much?

Ye gods, you set a 15C night temperature? That's a comfy day temperature for me! I have trouble sleeping well in a temperature in double-digits, and prefer night temperatures down around 5C. I've wondered for years what the impact on energy usage in the UK has been of central heating, seems to me it's just lead to gnerations of folk over-heating their environment rather than just putting a cardigan on if they're feeling a tad cold. It's certainly lead, in conjunction with waste heat from office machinery (like PCs) in buildings not designed with 'em in mind to overheated offices becoming common, with consequent adverse affect on office-workers health (overheating, larger amounts of particulates suspended in the warmer, dryer air). And don;' get me started on trains where the heaters seme to come on any time the temperature is uder 15C, despite the fact that everyone will have dressed for the weather..

</grumpy old biddy> (chuckle)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon