Reply to post: Re: Hey Nokia: Android please

Brace yourself, planet Earth, says Nokia CEO – our phones ARE coming back from mid-2016

Mark Jan

Re: Hey Nokia: Android please

Hey, less of the Android OS nonsense on a Nokia. And it would be a nonsense for Nokia as well unless they just licensed the Nokia name to the highest bidder and let the licensee do whatever they wanted with the innards. There's plenty of kit out there you can choose from running Android, why would Nokia (as an independent Nokia) even go there?

And even though I'm a Nokia die hard user - my only phone is a Nokia 808 because I wanted the best camera (still unsurpassed) and the best sat nav (now licensed out) I'm still looking forward to MS bringing out Windows 10 on some 808 type hardware. In the meantime, I'm extremely happy with the 808 and as a previous poster said, on the odd occasion I do need real access to an internet app, I simply tether my laptop to my phone. The vast majority of the time it simply isn't that urgent or important.

And if the reports are true that Nokia will be designing and not just licensing, I'm really looking forward to whatever they come up with, particularly if they're talking to the ex-Nokia guys at Sailfish. Hardware designed by Nokia running an OS which should have been on their phones had the management not f*cked up the company should be fantastic, particularly with the Android app running capabilities of Sailfish / Meego.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon