Reply to post:

A testing time for storage – it's VMware from Nutanix, by a nose

ewong1234

Not sure why VMware decided that it's better to go to EMC and bring Mr. Hollis as the main spokesperson for VSAN and EVO. The reality in the field is that EVO is nearly dead. VSAN is on life support. Chuck Hollis and his 1990s playbook is not going to play well in the era of blogging and social media. The more he writes about VSAN, the more customers like Nutanix.

I, for the life of me, don't understand why VMware won't throw out Chuck Hollis, Rawlinson Rivera and the ilk and bring Duncan Epping, Cormac Hogan etc back to the limelight to breath life back to VSAN. They make substantive and poignant arguments against Nutanix, arguments that are useful in an actual sales situation against Nutanix. Is "cheap"t the best way to compete against a newcomer?

I've been a VMware reseller for the last 11 years and, for the first time, I am at my wits end with trying to sell VSAN. If this tone-deafness doesn't change soon, I am ready to change my tune and start selling Nutanix and their new Acropolis XCP

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon