Reply to post: Re: My Tuppence Worth

Scientists love MacBooks (true) – but what about you?

TonyJ

Re: My Tuppence Worth

I generally like and for the most part agree with your comments Trevor, but "The problem with Surface Pros is that they are sold by Microsoft, and Microsoft can't be trusted with anything, ever. They not only don't have our best interests in mind, they aren't even trying very hard to hide it any more.

Cloud first, mobile first. Staff, partners, developers and customers last"

First off - no company is ultimately there for the good of the people that work for them or their customers. They're there to generate profit for the shareholders.

Secondly - name me any other company of similar size to MS in technology that doesn't have all the same motivations and problems? Apple? Google? Lenovo? HP?

Thirdly - MS will eventually learn. It may come too late, but the steady kicking they're giving people like us by pulling Technet subscriptions, not listening to feedback etc etc will eventually come home to roost, so don't think I'm entirely on their side.

Ultimately though your comments show that you've sadly become blinded by rage with MS and it clouds some otherwise perfectly valid arguments.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon