Reply to post: Re: 90's tech

United Airlines accounts open to mass lock-outs

jamesb2147

Re: 90's tech

I'm a little confused.

"I believe the testing is on a new beta version of their site that is a little better - but still aspx based."

They are testing a new beta website, but it *seems* (based on my limited exposure) to be a costmestic change with little to nothing changing on the backend. Great for mobile devices, I've been told, but not much different otherwise.

"But I'm stuck with them since miles that I can't use on overseas trips are worthless to me - and I've flown with delta and american just as much over the years and they are all as bad as each other."

Derp. Uhhhh, you do know that United has probably the lowest value points of any of the 3 big US airlines, right? A worthy argument could certainly be made that SkyMiles are worse, however, American's miles are certainly the most valuable of the Big 3 US. And if you're traveling in a premium cabin, then American's become *even more* valuable than the other two. God, United even blocks out award space on some flights completely unless you're elite or have their co-brand credit card.

If you're looking to travel internationally, check out AA's award chart and compare it to United's on partners. Yeahhhhhhh. Delta doesn't even publish an award chart anymore; they'll be revenue-based soon enough.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon