Reply to post: Re: Fallout 4 In China

Bethesda all out for 'Fallout 4', fallout for global productivity foretold in countdown

Turtle

Re: Fallout 4 In China

"If we're looking at non-American settings I would think China would be the most likely other nation. After all China and the US were the opposing sides in the nuclear exchange that flattened the world, so it stands to reason that they'd be the two most torn up."

There is the circumstance that Fallout 2 had a significant "Chinese presence" in that the later parts of the game, set on the west coast, featured a large population of Chinese "immigrants" (which I put in scare quotes because, in the context of the game, I am not really sure that that's the right word. Perhaps "colonists" might be better. I don't recall this plot point sufficiently well to decide.)

But I am not sure if the above circumstance makes it more - or less - likely that Fallout 4 might be set in China. (Although having the Chinese, in China, speak English, would seem to me to make for a kind of uncomfortable setting - even though today, there are 400 million people in China who are studying English.*)

* Obviously I don't know but I have read that that's the case.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon