Reply to post: Re: Coalition could fix the speed issue quickly

NBN must limit downloads to 12 Mbps downloads until copper handover

mathew42
FAIL

Re: Coalition could fix the speed issue quickly

> Again that now 5% or even to 20% on 100Mbps makes more revenue than the bottom 50% by 4x

This is based purely on AVC pricing, whereas you need to consider the CVC pricing which is the same regardless of speed tiers.

> Wrong on FTTP NBN guarantee the speed to your ISP.

Please attempt to comprehend my comments about PIR in an earlier post. The interconnection between NBNCo an ISP represents a significant bottleneck because of CVC pricing. You may also wish to read some of the information about serious network performance issues caused by netflix traffic. Further to this I suggest reading the terms & conditions of an RSP. Here is a helpful example: http://www.internode.on.net/residential/fibre_to_the_home/nbn_plans/performance/ which includes this statement "Because of these factors, NBN Fibre Broadband services are described as 'theoretical network maximum speeds'. Your actual speeds may be slower due to factors outside of Internode's control."

> If you can get any better speed that what you currently have you either move or pay more than the cost of FTTP as Simon Hackett has stated that the average of FOD is more the FTTP at $4300

At least we agree that moving is a viable option. $4300 is less than 1% of an average house price and cheaper than repainting or a kitchen / bathroom renovation.

> Plus there is currently at least 5 users with 1Gbps connection.

Can you link to the RSP page where I can order one of these connections?

> Sound much like to Telstra of old now.

NBNCo have behaved very much like Telstra since the day they were established. Do some reading on their negotiating strategy with the ACCC and RSPs. In some areas they made Telstra look soft.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon