Reply to post: Re: Getting my cauldren out.....

Win Phone to outgrow smartmobe market for next four years

GitMeMyShootinIrons

Re: Getting my cauldren out.....

I don't see the US or EU courts getting in the way of MS here. Their mobile market share is too small and there's nothing in the integration pitch that Google or Apple don't do to some extent (better or worse), plus MS offer their services on all platforms (as do Google, but not Apple). Hard to argue competition in this case.

My order of choice would be MS, iPhone, BB and Android. Android bottom for me, simply because it's a fiddly pain in the ass to look after and use, inconsistent between makes and models (making it a pain to manage). Security is questionable, patches infrequent. Not a convincing recipe as a business device. It's redeeming feature is the mobile Chrome browser is good.

I like iPhone, but frankly its overpriced for what you get - and there's no such thing as cheap. BB does seem a little 'burning platform' these days. Windows Phone is evolving nicely, MS keep it maintained far more than the Droid manufacturers manage to and the handset range of pricing rivals Android (from bargain basement to top of the line).

Of course, experiences vary, but having owned or looked after a number of each, I'll stick with Windows for now (not that I believe this IDC report mind you...).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon