Reply to post: Re: Windows only? Well that's not Okay Facebook.

IN YOUR FACE, Linux and Apple fans! Oculus is Windows-only for now

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Windows only? Well that's not Okay Facebook.

And I can only guess that you can be satisfied with any game on the market. Listen, I've personally tried Linux AND Steam on Linux (as I was using Xubuntu), and I found the whole experience to be, like I said, a pale imitation of what's available on Windows. Many of the games I happen to like either work better in Windows or simply aren't available anywhere else. Yes, there's WINE, but compatibility is not a given. Like I said, if Valve really, REALLY wants people to leave Windows as a gaming platform, they need to really, REALLY push the games there, even if it means taking WINE and using it as a compatibility layer (Note: They do this already with DOSBox for games like the original Doom) and setting it up so that all the compatibility bits are in place so you can just install and play. Until that and my video card behaves better (another reason I left was random spontaneous reboots attributed to my up-to-date graphics driver), I'm sticking with what works. Then there's the increasing push to DirectX 11 in games like Bioshock Infinite, which TTBOMK WINE does not properly support.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon