Reply to post: Re: Honestly, what is wrong with an ordinary coffee pot?

Keurig to drop coffee DRM after boss admits 'we were wrong'

Lee D Silver badge

Re: Honestly, what is wrong with an ordinary coffee pot?

Don't know about this particular machine, but I use the coffee-pod machines because they're damn fast. Put in pod-thing, press button, boiling how water out in seconds and a cup down in under a minute, ready to drink.

I'm not a big coffee officianado (I live with an Italian who has all the espresso stuff but it's just a bitter thimble-ful of mud to me), but I use it for hot chocolate, tea, coffee, etc. Press, cup, done. And it tastes just as good and even my girlfriend says it's good enough for her - she still makes the odd espresso from her prized coffee stock in the espresso, but it's much more common to see her just buy a particular brand of pod and stick it in the machine. Especially if she's in a rush.

I have one in my office too. Great for visitors. Tea, coffee? There you go. Let's get down to business, no awkward hanging by the coffee machine not yet ready to get down to brass tacks and trying to talk about the weather or your favourite drink. Since I bought one, another four or five have popped up on site as people see mine (guard your pods with your life!).

And they don't suck more electric than a kettle would, they don't have buckets of steam coming out of them (helpful in an IT environment), you can make lots of different drinks, etc. Hell, I've done a cup-of-soup in mine too, just using the hot-water from it. Convenience, basically, but on a scale better than instant coffee or whatever else.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon