Reply to post: The thing that bothers me

Windows 10 bombshell: Microsoft to KILL OFF Patch Tuesday

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

The thing that bothers me

is if the plan is as implemented in this years Preview builds, that you don't get a choice (okay, the home user guinea pigs don't get a choice) of whether to install each and every one, but only when to reboot. You could easily see how that would appeal to any software house, let alone Microsoft if they believe each patch will do only what it's supposed to; not break things; not introduce vulnerabilities; not brick customer's machines.

A reasonable person would dismiss out of hand that any responsible company would do that. What it would take would be an organization pathologically-averse to admitting it's mistakes, led by people who think their job is to be infallible and, thus so divorced from reality, that they cannot see themselves rushing about like British Cabinet Ministers wrecking the country because they think they are saving it.

I mean, I'm not going to vote for them, but it won't give me any satisfaction to watch them screw the ones who do.

What would give me satisfaction would be to have Hazel Blears in one end of a massive linear accelerator, and David Blunkett at the other, and see what would be produced from colliding them. 60 million ID cards, perhaps? Think of the pictures!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon