Reply to post:

New Windows 10 will STAGGER to its feet, says Microsoft OS veep

JJKing
Unhappy

Free upgrade from Windows 7, 8 & 8.1. Now what happens when the HDD fails or an infection trashes you drive and you have no Recovery Partition left. I presently don't know of any manufacturer who supplies the physical installation media. Now you have to find a copy of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 so you can upgrade once again to Windows 10 OR you fork out your hard earned dosh to purchase (lease?) a full install copy of Windows 10.

This has all the hallmark of WAIT; STOP, IT'S A TRAP. Windows 7 shall stay unmolested by an upgrade on my machine. I would also state that I installed the first release of Windows Review on a 6 year old laptop with a Core Duo CPU, 4GB RAM and was reasonable impressed even if it did look like Windows 8.1 with the Classic Shell menu installed on it. I wonder if they will make it resemble Office 2013 with that pathetic lack of colour interface. White, light grey and dark grey. Now that would even make a return to Vista appealing.

I was looking forward to Windows 10 when it was first announced. I sure ain't any more. I want to keep my Local Account and not have it converted just because I want to play Solitaire or Mahjong. I guess the MS management have been reading and taking lessons from George Orwell's book 1984 and want to control you just like Apple. Both are about as compassionate as The Borg.........

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon