Reply to post: Re: On mirrors on the left and the right

Citroën C4 Cactus BlueHDi: A funky urban crossover

Lars Silver badge
Pint

Re: On mirrors on the left and the right

@Allan Brown

Well Allan I must admit I got a bit “miffed” with the sentence “was miffed that there was no vanity mirror for the passenger – though there was one for the driver.” a bit like being miffed meeting coloured people in Africa. Instead he could have explained the reason and suggest that Citroen fix the, indeed stupid problem, and why not have two mirrors from the very start.

Then about touch screen, right handed people use their mouse with their right hand and driving a car where you sit at left means that your right hand is free to operate all those silly devices. That is the obvious thing to do not that anybody thought about it then.

Now then about inflated egos decision making and Napoleon, a highly well educated guy more up to date with anything science than most emperors of his time and the strong guy behind the metric system. So in the year 1875 we have this.

"In 1875, a British delegation was one of twenty national delegations to a convention in Paris that resulted in seventeen of the nations signing the Metre Convention on 20 May 1875,[23] and the establishment of three bodies, the CGPM, CIPM and BIPM, that were charged with overseeing weights and measures on behalf of the international community. The United Kingdom was one of the countries that declined to sign the convention".

I would claim the British decision was based more on inflated egos not on merit and that was probably true with the left / right decision too, the merit being a world standard perhaps not that I think anybody thought about it then though. If you look at:

http://www.worldstandards.eu/cars/list-of-left-driving-countries/

you can see the result and the reason there.

We have been run by inflated egod leaders since the beginning of time and nothing has changed. Reading comments, should I now claim the USA decided to drive on the right because they beat the Britisch. Would sound a bit silly I think.

Speaking about egos, Napoleon's campaign against Russia is of course one of the best examples.

The car, not my cup of tea, unless slightly used and very cheap (for my wife).

However the Citroen CV2 must be the best ever produced “volkscar”. It will take you anywhere, is repairable probably for the next 500 years and surprisingly comfortable. A very French feature. The Citroen CS has to be mentioned, and for those of you who newer had the pleasure to drive one, try Jay Leno. I quite like the way he manages to avoid nationalistic shit dealing with cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzW_ERSgFRY

Anyway, lets bite and get bitten in the good tradition of ElReg, the more the merrier.

Cheers to all of you.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon