Reply to post: Re: The ONLY way to watch YouTube is...

Google pulls plug on YouTube for older iPads, iPhones, smart TVs

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: The ONLY way to watch YouTube is...

The ONLY way to watch YouTube is on a device that enables one to install an Ad Blocker.

Nope - they're way ahead of you there. They have a number of ways in which they inject video ads into the data stream. One is what I'd call the DVD model where you only get to see content after you suffered through ads you cannot fast forward (although you're sometimes "granted" a "Skip Ad" option), the other one is the TV model where the clip is interrupted by ads - you can usually spot them on the timeline.

On the plus side, because they are models that you're familiar with you also already know how to deal with them - you go and do something else. And if you're like me, you fantasise during that waiting time about the RIAA needing your skills so you can put their top executives in a room and give them a presentation which starts with a lecture on copyright law that tells them they should steal a wallet, nor replicate your presentation without permission, and interlace the rest of with random advertising of the wonderful things you have done, and maybe some bad holiday snaps thrown in.

Sorry, dreamt for a moment there. I would probably start with getting their projector changed because it's from the wrong region :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon