Reply to post: Re: @bill 36: Was kinda with you until...

Digital killed the radio star: Norway names FM switchoff date

bill 36

Re: @bill 36: Was kinda with you until...

Well you are entitled to call me a "bit of a tit" Jimmy2cows but i am entitled to my opinion.

So for what its worth from a tit here goes.

The car industry worldwide is worth billions if not trillions when supporting industries are factored in. They therefore have a vested interest in making sure that we are induced into buying personal transport of some description ie; a car. suv or whatever.

They are facing huge pressures to clean up their act, reduce emissions, reduce fossil fuel consumption etc etc.

So much so that by 2020 in Europe ALL manufacturers must average 95g/km. Note the average word.

Now we find ourselves being persuaded that electric cars are a good thing and very few of the "Nutters" are asking why. Well here's the answer.

All of them can easily hit the average by producing electric vehicles while still churning out the gas guzzlers. The problem is, they have to sell them. Roll out the marketing men.

Theres nothing at all wrong with electric vehicles in the sense of reducing air pollution in cities but they are not the answer for lots of reasons which are pretty self evident i think.

Batteries and the disposal of, charging, power supply etc etc. (we will need enormous amounts of power, probably nuclear) These are major issues, the cost of which is being laid off onto the buyers with the carrot of low tax and buying subsidy.

As for driver-less cars, here are just a few examples. Roadworks and diversions, floods, blizzards, trailers.....

Thats my tuppence worth so for all you Nutters out there...have a nice day and enjoy your heavily depreciating Twizzy.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon