Reply to post: Re: SOooo........

In some ways, dating apps are the anti-internet

A Ghost
IT Angle

Re: SOooo........

-----------------------

Eminently respectable old women sometimes confided in me about their adult sexual behaviour that was, in theory, well beyond the pale in the 1930s through 1950s. The war years in particular provided opportunities that were gratefully taken.

-----------------------

Yeah, I like the older generation of women. I got quite a few stories to tell there as well regarding stories told to me. Another day.

I don't know if this generation of radical feminists realise exactly how much damage they are doing. I 'tongue in cheek' posted to the roosh forum above. I do read it. For entertainment. It's a good marker of how far some men are prepared to go to be vocal against not just radical feminism, but feminism in general. They often refer to women there as s***s, c***s, w****s and b*****s. Maybe some times it is deserved (the Russian teacher that was caught hiring a hit man to torture the schoolchild she was having an affair with, and wanting him to be kept alive long enough, so she could 'finish him off'), but I can't help feel they are all rather reactionary and not helping their 'cause' very much.

I'm not a big fan of them, and if anyone likes, I can write 2000 words in essay form to say why those 'men' are bigger arseholes than anyone. They ain't no friends of mine brother/sister. But that also, is for another day.

I'm out of the game, laughing at the side lines. Crying some times too.

The women from older generations faced hardships that these younger ones haven't so far, but who knows what the youngest generations will face? It may be a wasteland unlike anything that has gone before. But probably not.

It's a losing game, even talking about this. I expected a lot more shootdowns and venomous replies. Not that I was trolling. Men have a lot to answer for (sometimes), and Women are just adorable (sometimes), but how in the hell a fuck buddy app is going to make things better in the middle of this bloodbath of a gender war, is beyond me.

The argument is polarised to the radical feminist sites and the 'real men' sites (they refuse to be pigeonholed - coz they are 'real men'). El Reg skirts around the issue, but never engages full on. Probably best. Where is the IT angle? And most posters keep their noses out, male and female alike, not saying how they really feel. And that is probably best too.

Meanwhile, wounds fester, turn toxic...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon