Reply to post: Intresting news day

Android lands on Microsoft's money-machine island fortress

Lars Silver badge
Linux

Intresting news day

Intresting news day. First Nokia-Alcatel Lucent (now closed for new posts after two posts?) and then this article.

My response to NCR is "why did it take you so long" and I think the banks have started to ask themselves how they have accepted Windows for so long. I think they have started to demand a better choice from NCR.

I would perhaps not write about this but I had a few programmer’s fingers in the POS/ATM pot then long ago.

There was the surprise in how easily IBM gave up and there was a time when Nixdorf delivered ATM in most European countries. The part left of Nixdorf is now Wincor Nixdorf. Quit strong on POS and using WIN/XP, WIN/XP embedded and Linux far as I know.

Then there was Windows all over the place and no matter what we think of Bill Gates he was a superb sells man.

The problem banks have been facing for such a long time is not some royalty payment to Microsoft but the lack of security the never ending problems with a fraud enabling OS where ever increasing amounts of money have been stolen, just too much work, add to that the fact that there is no help in sight.

Linux, there is no other choice.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon