Reply to post: To be honest

Unpatched 18-year-old Windows man-in-the-middle diddle revived

Captain Obvious

To be honest

I USED to be pro-Microsoft - not any more. The fact they are going to the cloud and forcing people to use this model and basically abandoning their on-premise customers is stupid. Once they are fully in the cloud, why is there any need to choose them over Amazon, Google, etc?

Furthermore, the number of bugs just keeps increasing as their crappy software gets patched to fix prior bugs. These supposed CU patches do not even fix the items they claim to fix. I have just had it with the hours wasted troubleshooting problems that are bugs.

While they have SOME good products, it is not enough to justify MS anymore. With Amazon desktop

coming out, those office users can used virtual desktops for Office, so there will be very little need soon to use Windows. Even those apps the require IE6 are doomed as the browser is no longer supported.

With Linux and Unix, things just work. Especially with Linux, if I find a bug, I can typically fix it. Now with Steam OS, and Office on the iPad, I expect one day we will see Office on Linux. This security item is just one more nail in the coffin.

Sorry for the rant…

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon