Reply to post: Re: You have a LUMIA???

Wanna run Windows 10 Preview on your Lumia? Of course you do. Now 33 mobes supported

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: You have a LUMIA???

Funnily enough, the first Lumia I have actually seen in real life was this weekend -- a friend's I replaced a smashed screen on (well, smashed digitizer, but the gits have fused the two together like Apple on the 830 -- not as cheap to replace though).

Very annoyingly WP8.1 has a bug that puts it into flight mode after prolonged battery outage and STICKS it there -- you can't get out of flight mode rendering the phone as not-a-phone. I tried the WP10 preview to see if it fixed it but it doesn't. Apparently the usual fix is to go back to WP8.0 then upgrade again, but the 830 doesn't have a WP8.0 version available so possibly it's karked. Anyone with any tips I'd be most grateful (I've tried hard reset and even Nokia Software Recovery Tool re-install).

A lot of people who report having this problem online are typical MS users and just seem to accept that this kind of bug is acceptable and they'll have to buy a new phone.

Sheesh. Never thought I'd be on here asking for WP tips, sorry folks (hence the AC).

Aside: the hardware looked quite nice, and the OS was responsive (if non-operational phone-wise), but the navigation and especially the "settings" were a MESS. The settings might be easier to navigate if you were using vi on a .ini file.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon