Reply to post: Re: @Matt Bryasnt: JustWiz If only the NSA protected MY information with such zeal.

Cross-dressing blokes storm NSA HQ: One shot dead, one hurt

Matt Bryant Silver badge
Stop

Re: @Matt Bryasnt: JustWiz If only the NSA protected MY information with such zeal.

".....I worked in two police forces in different countries, including England during the IRA times...the great thing to me was that we did not demonise all Irishmen and we did not indulge in paranoia that turned society into a closed, restricted system...." Yeah, and I call male bovine manure on that story! Your "memories" seem to have forgotten such measures as the armed soldiers manning roadblocks and conducting sweeps in Northern Ireland - Bloody Sunday ring any bells? Or the extensive and often deadly work of the SAS (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot-to-kill_policy_in_Northern_Ireland) and the clandestine monitoring of whole Northern Irish neighbourhood by such Army units at The Specials (14 Intelligence Company), let alone the spooks. We Brits spent plenty of time and effort defeating the IRA and it wasn't without a large chunk of nastiness. Please come back when your "memory" has stopped being so selective.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon