Reply to post: Meh

Force your hand: Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display

TonyJ

Meh

Traditionally in the past I've changed my laptop every couple of years or so. Primarily because of the amount of travel I do for work meaning they get battered and start to break. But also because I like shiny new tech every so often.

But like I've mentioned before on here, I bought a late-2011 15" MBP and with the DVD removed and the HDD in its place + and SSD and RAM upgrade it's still going strong. Best Windows laptop I've ever owned.

However, like I've also said here it'll most likely be the first and last one I ever own because I'm not a fan of how everything is soldered/epoxied to the point of being non-upgradable. Whatever the screen resolution.

All I seem to see from Apple lately is just more of the same and it's hard to justify (to myself) paying their prices for limited benefits (as perceived by me). Hell mine will still even perform fine for the odd bit of casual gaming.

I like the spec of Alienware but I've never been a fan of them in a corporate environment. Anyone know of any alternatives out there?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon