Reply to post: Re: Actually I think el-reg have the point entirely.

IS 'hackers' urge US-based jihadis: 'Wipe yourselves out trying to kill 0.00005 of US forces'

Eddy Ito

Re: Actually I think el-reg have the point entirely.

I don't see it as terrorism. It's just a threat. Moreover it's a threat against a group of folks who are quite likely highly trained and skilled in the use of firearms and this threat will almost assuredly guarantee those folks a concealed carry permit if they so choose even in restrictive places like California or New Jersey. Threats don't generally terrorize people and in fact do just the opposite, more threats is just like crying wolf in a post "threat level orange" world.

Terrorism is what John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo were doing a bit over a decade ago. Of course no self respecting jihadist would take that path because the publicity isn't right. What good does it do if you actually kill random folks but remain anonymous? If you don't do your best to remain anonymous then you don't last very long and as the Boston Marathon bombers proved, trying to stay hidden doesn't always work either and in six months the rest of the nation is respectfully back to 'meh'.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon