Reply to post: What are you on?????

OK, they're not ROBOT BUTLERS, but Internet of Home 'Things' are getting smarter

fruitoftheloon
WTF?

What are you on?????

Dear author[ess],

a f'ing expensive dryer that will email me when it needs defluffing, you could have a flashing red light on the front eh???

My lovely non white [black] goods Siemens washing machine tells me when there is fluff to be removed from the filter/outlet, have a guess how it does that, it displays 'Fluff' on the display as you remove the washing, how hi-tech is that?

A fridge with a [surveillance] camera, I mean that couldn't have any nefarious uses could it?

Sensors that keep track of how many people are in the house, that won't be much of a target for dodgy folks and users of it with a high nett worth, if you are interested please enquire at burglemenow.com

If someone seriously believes this drivel that they need a fancy oven with a camera to be able to cook and be more 'social' with there family, well I have a lovely bridge for sale, give me a call and we can sort a good price.

Btw I love my whizzy tech stuff and gizmos, but it has to do something useful for me at a reasonable price, I have no problem spending money on stuff, I am very good at it, but there has to be a plausible reason.

/rant

J

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon