Reply to post: Re: Prolly Broke Their Back, Eh?

Pentagon 'network intruder', dozens more cuffed in British cops' cyber 'strike week'

asurazu
Angel

Re: Prolly Broke Their Back, Eh?

I don't know if you watch the TV much Walter, but I enjoy watching it quite a bit, an I realize there are manipulative people out there in the big wide world, that like to try and manipulate things for there own ends, for example did you see the conversation between the guy from the spy agency and the guy's from the cryptographically security spectrum? If not you missed out on some pure arrogance! The guy sat there telling developers that come from all walks of life and from various parts of the world out of a global community of computer developers, that he needed back-doors into cryptography and that if he wasn't given them that he'd make that decision for them, now I'm sorry but that to me scream's pure ignorance and arrogance of why we have cryptographic standards in the first place. Not only that but this repeated hacking activity they've decided to engage themselves in is illegal on so many front's I don't even know where to start, for one thing SIP as a protocol is not some great big secret SIPRnet and neither is regular IP traffic NIPRnet, if they have a hard time distinguishing that fact then Christ know's what they'd make of UUCP as a protocol. But it's easy to see how they come to some conclusion's about the legal aspects because they're surrounded by people that for want of a better word are called "enablers" and that's like me going off and writing a really vicious virus and selling it on afterwards, oh sure i'll profit, they'll profit but in the end, it flys in the face of everybody else who knew better in the first place. It's like a huge slap to every person in the computer industry that you've got these guys coming along thinking that what they're doing is perfectly ok. Nationalist for a start, they don't like foreigners and to cap it off, nearly every piece of software that they are abusing was written in part by Foreigners from around the globe! That's why it's called a global community, so before you enter the computer community with idea's of being some kind of enabler, take a step back and remember your decisions impact not just one of two countries, but upset years of hard-work everybody else has done to build and help that community grow and if they're sitting there lying about how they're computers are not so secure, an you know what, if you feel you can do better then be our guest!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon