Reply to post: Re: Reproachless

Forget 1,000 lashes for Facebook posts, Saudis now want to behead blogger Raif Badawi

John Savard

Re: Reproachless

"You do not know with 100% certainty who was flying those planes or who put them there !!!"

No, but I know nutcases when I see them, and the "911 Truth" style movements definitely qualify. In the real world, sometimes we have to live with 99.9999% certainty.

"Saudi Arabian laws are not dictated by the USA, therefore the Saudi Arabian government are not commiting an act of agression against an innocent according to SA law. US laws apply only to the US..."

I didn't say anything about Sa'udi Arabia breaking some other country's laws. Aggression against innocent people is an objective matter, and has nothing to do with any particular country's laws. Thus, Negro slavery and the Holocaust were both "legal" according to the laws of the countries that countenanced them, but that mattered not a whit. Right and wrong and justice are absolutes that exist for all times and places, and are not subject to change by human whim, or alterable to benefit vested interests.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon