Reply to post: Yandex – don't make me laugh!

Sick of Chrome vs Firefox? Check out these 3 NEW browsers

Phuq Witt
FAIL

Yandex – don't make me laugh!

I downloaded the Yandex concept browser when it was first announced [Nov last year, if I remember correctly]. Moderately impressed until I tried to print out a webpage and discovered that [on OSX anyway] the Print dialogue [and those for 'Open' and 'Save'] drops down from the BOTTOM[!] edge of the browser window and consequently [if your browser window is anything approaching full-screen] off the edge of your monitor —and, being modal, freezes the whole rest of the interface while doing so.

I reported the bug at the time, thinking that Yandex would be somewhat anxious to fix such an unbelievably idiotic usability faux pas. But, coincidentally enough, yesterday I fired up the Yandex browser for the first time in ages to find that, four months on, that half-arsed initial release version is still the latest one.

Yandex is often referred to as 'The Russian Google' as they offer a very similar portfolio of web services. Judging from this, it seems that, also like Google, they're not averse to letting projects they've previously announced with great fanfare wither away through lack of interest.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon