Reply to post: I'll probably be shouted down but...

The BBC wants to slap a TAX on EVERYONE in BLIGHTY

IsJustabloke

I'll probably be shouted down but...

I just don't see a problem with the licence fee. I prefer advertising free TV. I suppose I could pay sky an inordinate amount, have adverts and the BBC but I choose not to; no, in real terms the licence fee is great value for money.

People always bang on about TV but let's not forget the radio... isn't the ginger dick getting around 15/16 million listeners a day?

I do have a problem with what I perceive as bias and social engineering within the BBC, its staff and most of its "factual" output; But for every bias I see I'm sure someone else will see an opposite bias.

I do have a problem with iplayer being available to everyone /everywhere and I really don't understand why it isn't behind a pay wall that accepts your licence number as proof. I also have a problem with people being prosecuted for not being able to pay, if its a compulsory charge then there should be state help available for it.

If paying for the BBC via a licence means I don't have to put up with being reamed by Murdoch I'm happy to pay the 11 quid a month.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon