Reply to post: Re: Have an upvote!

Norton Internet Security antivirus update 'borked Internet Explorer'

A Ghost

Re: Have an upvote!

Signatures that work.

Which one would that be then?

Comodo - very good according to some.

Emsisoft - excellent according to some and my own experience. (But them spamming me is going too far now)

Hitman Pro - excellent according to many and a standard for third opinion scanning.

Malwarebytes - excellent according to many, and also my personal experience. Saved my bacon many a time with its excellent website protection. The best in my opinion.

Super Anti Spyware - stop sniggering at the back of class there. Yes, good ol' SAS. If you had said what you said but said it about this product I might be able to entertain you more. As I said, things go in cycles in the av industry. It used to be good but is now a more efficient cookie killer and general utiility. I can't recommend it highly enough however after they have really upped their game lately. I got a lifetime license for two people and it's helped me and others from attack, catching things that no other av/am has. Yes. Such is the nature of the beast. It's a fourth opinion scanner, ok fifth, but it works.

Zemana - no idea if it works or not. I wish they would stop spamming my desktop though with their facefarce bs. I won't be renewing.

WinPatrol Plus - loved by many - I got the pro version for a fiver in a deal at wilders. Superb program and I bought the pre-release of WinPrivacy PLUS.

Plus EMET which is free and many more little tools like host file changes.

I really could go on.

Each of these I have on my system because they fill a niche, they don't interfere with each other and don't get in my way or drain resources (well Zemana does a bit).

I could sing the praises of any of these pieces of software.

I don't know, maybe you are an Emsisoft shill and this was either a case of projection or downright sabotage of an honest user that can back up everything he says. If you are, then stop spamming me! I'm not accusing you of anything, unlike you attacking me, but methinks I touched a raw nerve somewhere. Maybe I will have a little look at your posting history, but for now, I give you right of reply, and I will wait until that before I go sniffing. I'll give you a few days, as I hope you have given me, and then I'll post back here to see what you have to say for yourself.

The integrity of an honest man is above reproach. So, with respect, please give me some further information to back up what you have said, which is ever so slightly libellous as well, I might add, but I am not a lawyer and all that. I'm not going down that route. But I will defend my honour, Sir!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon