Reply to post: Re: @ PassiveSmoking

Britain needs more tech immigrants, quango tells UK.gov

codejunky Silver badge

Re: @ PassiveSmoking

@ Hadvar

"Only a minority of people will educate or train themselves. This means they are, relatively speaking, a scarce resource. Scarce resources are more valuable."

In theory yes, but if you push everyone to get a degree for the most basic jobs (last gov) then scarcity leaves and so does the value. My issue with PassiveSmoking was his claim to be too good to work because they wont pay him enough. So instead he can bunk off while the minimum wage earners who do work end up paying the tax to keep him sitting pretty. Regardless of qualification if you need to survive you need to earn money. Welfare is a support structure not a baseline until you find the ideal paradise utopia dream job.

He may think he is too good to work a minimum wage job. I think I am too good to pay for any lazy ass who thinks that.

I have no issue with people looking for a better job and better prospects, thats what improves wages. I believe in the welfare safety net if you honestly cannot find employment. But his wording states clearly his choice due to his belief he is better than the people who work a McJob. I have more respect for the worker of the McJob than the parasite

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon