Reply to post: Re: Works For Me

'NSA, GCHQ-ransacked' SIM maker Gemalto takes a $500m stock hit

I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

Re: Works For Me

> Speculation that the Dutch manufacturer may be forced to recall chips, incurring huge costs, caused its share price to fall eight per cent in early trading before recovering a little to four per cent down on closing.

If someone invented a heavy vehicle (lets call it a tank because it will be big and hold a lot of heavy) and goes around banging into other people's vehicles on purpose, you can't blame the manufacturers of other people's vehicles. What the manufacturers of other people's vehicles need to do is take out the tank.

If you supply some "thing" designed for fair wear and tear and a madman completely out of control decides to rip it up and throw it in our face, all you can do is deal with the madman and go and get another "thing".

The market will open up to every other manufacturer of "things" . Some to sell to people who are afraid of psychos and some to people who expect to be treated the way that they treat others. You can't fuck with the golden rule. Not for long. You get heroes like Snowden coming along and pulling your trousers down.

Then, hopefully, someone with a lot of confidence will give you a fucking good spanking.

How thick a veneer do the people who work at secret HQs believe they have?

There are lots of survivalists in Utah and all of them subscribe to channels on video sites that do nothing but discuss bows, arrows, knives, guns and ammo. They can't all be working for the NSA can they?

I can't wait for the action to get started. I wonder if Mr Snowden confiscated their addresses. Could be funny.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon