Reply to post: Re: Yawn @MrNed

Fight back against illegal GCHQ spying with PAPERWORK!

LucreLout

Re: Yawn @MrNed

Which is a perfect example of why the "nothing to hide nothing to fear" brigade are so utterly full of shit and clearly lack the brains to understand simple cause and effect.

1) I'm certainly not part of any "nothing to hide nothing to fear" grouping you're imagining. That, I believe, is known as a strawman. Even assuming the most passive, loving, intelligent and caring government, you would still have everything to fear from whoever formed the next government.

2) You don't understand cause and effect. You imagine, in your feverish little mind, that "standing up to the man" and signing the list might change things for the better. Newsflash dipshit, it won't. At best the state, assholes that they are, will simply amend the legislation to prevent what they will consider its abuse. Now, I disagree that this is abuse, I believe we have an absolute right to know what the state has done with our information with very few exceptions. So, cause and effect - what this will cause is the state to change FoI legislation and the effect will be to cover up a lot of the less spectacular information that is being turned up using that law, such as MPs expenses etc.

3) I realise from your ranty posting style that you're a little hard of thinking so I'll try to simplify... The primary change people singing up to this will likely provoke is to bring themsleves further forwards in the intelligence observation stack. What it sadly won't achieve is behavioural change in the state.

I know it's hard, but try and think before replying, yes?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon