Reply to post: Re: Obvious

Smartphones merge into homogeneous mass as 'flagship fatigue' bites

Hans 1

Re: Obvious

So you guyz are saying there are no phone-less flatrate plans in your country where you actually pay less than those including a phone ? Pay as you go is obviously more expensive ...

Usually, telcos actually pay for the phone with your excessive usage of your data plan (when you exceed the monthly limit).

If this is so, you are being ripped off.

As I already wrote, I have a LTE plan with 20Gb data/month (speed reduced after I hit the monthly limit), unlimited number of calls (to max 250 distinct numbers per month [including mobile in France, US & Canada and landlines in ~100 countries], max 1h but of course I can redial, unlimited SMS) for 20euro/month. Actually, I pay 17/month because I have ADSL with them also - waiting for fiber which is only a few blocks away and coming to my street this year.

Oh, and I have 35 days/year 3G dataplan across Europe in the deal + calls + sms. after that I pay less than the outrageous prices you pay abroad while roaming.

If you do not have a plan like that in your country you have a cartel and are being ripped off.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon