Reply to post: Re: Less Than No Interest

Obama administration ENDORSES Apple Pay during Tim Cook's White House LOVE-IN

Richard Jones 1
FAIL

Re: Less Than No Interest

@James 100, One point, deaf people have trouble with voice calls and those I have known deal with texts or other written methods.

I do have a touch phone, I can see it in the rack of my desk, totally useless. I have tried to use the deadbeat over the last two years. My demand for data while out is zero. E-mail while out is useless, too slow and fumble filled, have you tried it while dealing with dog walking?

When I am out and about it is to do something. Sure I could load up the device with 'music', but why? I have no time to listen while busy.

If I need 'entertainment' the car radio does what I need.

So perhaps touch phones maybe be great for all those who have to walk about with a pocket computer hoping no one calls them, but for some of us roaming data is a liability not an asset.

Apart from the PPI parasites, my voice calls are direct NOW emergencies due to family health and support issues. A dead battery just does not cut it when that happens. E-mail and text are not NOW services so are for me they would be a useless liability.

So, I too have a mental image of someone cut off from the real world living in a bubble of portable sound walls, contactable only via a few random spikes of data that may penetrate your defensive shield.

Still, since you did nothing to show me the 'error of my ways' at least you did see that buying a madly expensive device to augment what already meets all my needs has no point FOR ME.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon