Reply to post: Re: Confidence Trick

Google gets my data, I get search and email and that. Help help, I'm being REPRESSED!

Pu02

Re: Confidence Trick

"Perhaps it's happening already, under our noses. And it can all be done using some random looking hash values to join the tables concerned" Perhaps? Just cos the authorities are having trouble collecting, storing doesn't mean they are the only ones who can't access it, store it or effectively join the dots. There are too many that can do that, with current let alone future business models (land to grab, investment to gain) for it not to be happening. Take one look a t the latest investments, they are all about applied use of big data, let alone intelligent algorithms.

"It will certainly reduce the cost of a private investigation, and improve the results given the reduced need for gumshoes on the ground". Sure. Once there are no jobs for drivers, back-office staff, they'll need to lay off police and intelligence gatherers to keep demonstrating how valuable big data is. Replacing the government's control of its community is a key final step, enabling for the world's richest 1% to consume Governments whole and ransom every last skerrick of value from the other 99%, who presently still control 50% of the worlds resources, damn them!

Digital land grabs are the true value proposition here, not annual profits or even EBITDA. The economist that started all this missed probably the driver of investment and human innovation in the world today.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon