Reply to post: Re: "As a right-thinking Reg reader"

hive mind informs climate change believers and sceptics

Scott Hodgins

Re: "As a right-thinking Reg reader"

I came here from Google News and I'm somewhat of a lefty.

Social sciences are broken. Here's my rendition of every sociology study's conclusion...

"Our hypothesis could be correct or wrong - But it's certain we'll need more funding to be sure."

As for global warming, the science behind it makes sense and the numbers back up the claims. I'm mostly fine with carbon taxes too. But the truth is, this isn't a problem we'll solve through taxation or penalties. The market will adopt electric vehicles once they're affordable. People want the future - it just needs to be within reach. Governments should really step in when it comes to deforestation. We need to plant more dense forest with rich biodiversity. We can turn that excess carbon into plant matter and wood. And if we run out of room to plant more trees, we just burry some and plant new trees on top. (Cutting down the old ones, of course, and burrying them anerobically so they don't rot)

But hey, just in case you think I'm not really a lefty, I think everyone should get a basic income, all health care and education should be completely free, and I think the richest people should only be 100 times richer than the poorest people. (Extremities of wealth are problematic and often result in exploitation and increased crime rates)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon