Reply to post: Re: Wow..... just look at all the hate.

Why Windows 10 on Raspberry Pi 2? Upton: 'I drank the Kool-Aid'

fajensen
Pint

Re: Wow..... just look at all the hate.

During my career I had to support and fix their bug ridden proprietary crap for 20 years and they wanted to be paid to fix broken ffs!.

What is so bad about that? Supposedly someone paid you to "shovel the manure off their front porch" which presumably kept a roof over your head, the heating on and a healthy level of beer in the fridge?

Sometimes, I think that a good part of why Windows still exists is because it creates a thriving eco-system of people and businesses working on palliative cures for it's brokenness.

Systems that are "too good" or even perfect, will also be sterile since these systems are self-sufficient and do not require humans to perform any function. This is what the "rise of the machines" means in practice, the machines evolving faster than the human parasites can adapt to, thereby leaving the majority without any means of making a living by participating in the economy.

IOW: The shitty-ness of Windows is also what is good about it! If it was perfect, it would be useful only to microsoft.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon