Reply to post:

Windows 10: The Microsoft rule-o-three holds, THIS time it's looking DECENT

NumptyScrub

Pity This is my last "windoze" pc, all others here run xubuntu, which works, for free NOW .... 365 days a year, until crack of doom .... (or icebergs)

I'm pretty sure that 5 years (for the current LTS version) is not "the crack of doom". 5 years from now (or less) you will have to install a new version if you wan to continue to run a supported operating system.

You probably want the Mint Debian rolling distro if you don't want to have to install new versions every so often, that what I switched to ^^;

Last 3 "windoze" brought here by people, had 1500 virus/malware hits each, @ the point I formatted the crap & installed Xubuntu on them for those people,

Yeah ok you are a massively opinionated person. I support a few thousand Windows boxes for a living and if you set them up right they work fine and do the job they need to. It sounds like you have never experienced that, so I can only assume you have never seen them set up right in the first place.

If you want to talk about exploitable code that can get new users screwed over by malware, shall we start with a discussion on how Ubuntu (and thus Mint) now come with Flash Player as standard? o.O

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon