Reply to post: mmmmm, I can get a brain dead OS for free......

Microsoft will give away Windows 10 FREE - for ONE year

CompUser

mmmmm, I can get a brain dead OS for free......

Brain dead operating system

I'm a computer professional - I wouldn't use it if it was free, I wouldn't waste any time with such a crappy system.

[.....Can a paid Microsoft commenter at this stage reply to me and say that I just don't understand the excellent intuitive interface which is the direction of the future and people are just stuck in their old ways and this is the future of computing and why don't people give it a go..........]

I used to be a programmer for windows when it was a decent operating system. At windows 8, I refused to write for such a dysfunctional system and I will never buy another Microsoft product while they try to push their rubbish on customers who just want to use a decent system.

I really don't understand why they want to create a system that degrades what users can do. My online banking implemented a hand held device banking system along the lines of what Microsoft wants to do. The system takes about 3 times longer to use and its just a painful experience.

Windows 7 is decent, windows 8 is a joke and windows 10 is the same. Microsoft should make the OS more intelligent than windows 7, not 30% as usable. I am horrified by the mentality that takes a good product and a good company and produces a product that will bankrupt them. I'm running more than 10 computers and Linux is my next OS (and not a Linux that tries to emulate windows 8).

[........Can a paid Microsoft commenter please say here that Linux is useless and only geeks use it and people who use it don't have a life......even though most of the internet servers are Linux machines which are much more stable than Windows......]

Also I have software company that will never write software for windows 8 or 10 or any other brain dead OS and I have a reasonably high level of expertise with computers.

[.......Can a paid Microsoft commenter please find another job and leave public opinion alone. It is very insulting to attempt to manipulate public opinion by writing rubbish in response to peoples genuine concerns about an OS going bad....]

I'm waiting for the restructuring of the company. That's what will happen next (12 months I recon).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon