Reply to post: early win 8.x tablet adopter

Want a cheap Office-er-riffic tablet? Microsoft Windows takes on Android

Mevi

early win 8.x tablet adopter

I have a 10" Lenovo Tablet 2, originally running 8, then 8.1, then 8.1 update.

I only use a few modern apps (mail, games), and stick mostly to the desktop. Mine came with a pressure sensitive stylus, which helps when websites need a mouse hover, or if I need to click something tiny. Firefox runs the Theme Font Size Changer extension to make the buttons big for my sausage fingers.

I read that the short standby time of the tablet 2 was caused by the sound driver preventing a low power connected standby state. Adding a scheduled task to mute the sound going into standby made a huuuge difference. There are built in diagnosis tools for Linx owners to investigate, maybe?

The key to getting 32GB to be workable is to go into the properties of each the library folders (documents, music, video, etc.) and move them to a premium brand fast SD card. I keep meaning to put in some time to reinstall with WIM boot,but it's not a priority.

Thinking of picking up a Linx 7 and velcro-ing it to the back of the TV as a 2nd HTPC. I think my iPad 1 is worth more on eBay than the £30 trade in.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon