Reply to post:

Hyperconverged IDC shamans mumble mantras over market

Trevor_Pott Gold badge

The number of "missing" companies leads me to ask all sorts of questions. There are a lot of hyperconverged players that simply aren't represented here. Some of them, I am not sure I can agree with the positioning...but then again, I'm looking at it from a "today" standpoint, not a "when the data for this paper was collected" standpoint.

Maxta, for example, has recently upped their game dramatically with an Openstack offering. As far as I am concerned they deserve to be quite a bit more towards a leadership position on the "strategies" side of things.

Ditto Scale Computing; they have stratagic plans in motion that - to be perfectly blunt - I see as superior to Nutanix's plans. And how is VMware's "strategies" so low compared to Nutanix/SimpliVity?

Are we counting only those strategies that are publicly announced? I'd think IDC has access to at least the depth of information I do on the various hyperconverged players. Based on that, I can't understand their positioning for "strategies" at all, unless the information that made up this report is almost a year old.

Now, in that context, this makes perfect sense. This is a great representation of the state of the hyperconverged market circa January 2014. But the hyperconverged market circa 2015 looks a hell of a lot different, at least from the positioning of the "strategies" portion of that equation.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon