Reply to post: Re: @PeterGordon (Was: Let's not forget...)

Tesla S P85+: Smiling all the way to the next charging point

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: @PeterGordon (Was: Let's not forget...)

> Over a billion kilometers in over 2 years is more than enough data to prove the Tesla is vastly safer.

By any chance, do you know what ANOVA is? What would happen if you were to apply it to a sample of Tesla incidents per passenger mile and a sample of every other saloon with a combustion engine¹?

I think your problem may be that you are confusing "safe" with "safer". You can make a statement about the former as it is an intrinsic proposition, but not about the latter in the form that you seem to be trying to.

> What features are you waiting for?

4WD (coming), adaptive cruise control (coming), adaptive high beam, blind spot warning, infrared camera with pedestrian detection (could live without), forward looking camera (definitely can live without), plus certain ergonomic improvements such as a control wheel (safer than pure touchscreen IMO). Essentially, most of the stuff my current ride has, minus the engine noise. :-)

¹ Yes, I am aware of a number of other problems with this experiment from a stochastic point of view. :-)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon