Reply to post: Miserable Old Git Goes Yuck (the MOGGY effect)

It's 4K-ing big right now, but it's NOT going to save TV

Stingo

Miserable Old Git Goes Yuck (the MOGGY effect)

I can imagine manufacturers thinking 4K allowing them to envisage their product becoming more smarter than smart can be. Imagine using one big screen with four concurrent corners of activity - watching content in one corner, skyping or facebooking in another and downloading content to watch later while looking at a photo album. Oh, wait, I can simulate that on my laptop.

I want to be entertained by what programmes I watch on my TV. Once you break that magic, it simply becomes a device for doing anything you can already do on any other platform. Convergence is never complete though they keep trying. And who asked the content handlers whether the UK networks can push all those 4K +1 and catchup channels thorugh our already strangled, delapidated, internet pipes or satellite?

And I agree with whoever said as the quality of the picture rises, the quality of programmes appears to fall or something like that. Whatever happened to quality (where a lot of us want to watch something) not quantity (as opposed to literally a choice of a wide-ranging load of rubbish)?

Can't wait for summer and go outside and do something useful like living...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon