Reply to post:

UKIP website TAKES A KIP, but for why?

YARR

In politics, "mistakes" like these are usually contrived to bring more visitors to the party's website - the photo of Farage about to bust into tears just adds to the authenticity.

Re. "It's almost as though there are people deliberately organising for this purpose."

I'm sorry that some people don't agree with you. UKIP were the largest party in the UK Euro elections so no doubt they have many activists who will find their way to any open forum discussing their party and will want to promote themselves. Given the number of people spreading disinformation about UKIP on this forum it seems only fair.

Re. "I have derided the 'kippers because I genuinely think they are dangerous and those who follow them are fools"

Thanks for your opinion, but most of the rest of the world is outside the EU and it's not dangerous for them. Moreover Britain's membership of the EU has coincided with our relative decline after reaching our zenith as an independent nation.

As for the Euro, aren't you glad we're not in it given the way things are looking right now? It was so much easier when the smaller nations could manipulate their currencies to stimulate their economy instead of being a drain on the rest of the Euro zone. I think you'd have to be unreasonably optimistic to think that joining the Euro now would be the less dangerous option.

As for blaming "immygrunts" for "ruining everything", once an area is overpopulated like many areas of Britain are, adding more immigrants reduces the standard of living for the majority. If you restrict immigration to just the beneficial ones, the effect still happens, just to a lesser degree. Any overpopulated country would benefit from freezing immigration and encouraging emigration of people who make the least contribution to society. C'est la vie!

Most of the blame for "austerity" lies with Labour for overspending in the boom years leaving the Tories to borrow even more in the lean times. The deficit will have to be paid off eventually, the longer we leave it the more debt interest there is to pay. In order to justify anti-austerity measures they have to produce more economic growth to offset not paying off debt. If you have any great suggestions I'm sure the Chancellor will love to hear them. My starter for ten would be allowing budget surpluses in government departments to be retained for the next year without having next year's budget slashed, eliminating the annual glut of wasteful spending that so often occurs. Wishful thinking....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon