Reply to post: Don't listen to hearsay. Try it.

Elite:Dangerous goes TITSUP

SirChris

Don't listen to hearsay. Try it.

I started playing Elite Dangerous on the day of release. I did play the tutorial the day before, but that was no comparison to the size and scale of the full game. I've only ever played the full online mode.

I wasn't online during the alleged downtime, but have played a lot. I've really enjoyed the game and have abandoned Titan Fall and CoD:Advanced Warfare (which suddenly are not calling to me). Those premium titles suffered with lots of problems and I often spent hours waiting for their servers to sort things out. I've had about 2 minutes of 'problems' with E:D and whilst it's a tad frustrating at the time, it hasn't deterred or disappointed me at all.

People are stating they "know" how many people have complained and asked for refunds. No citations are given. Are they Daily Mail journalists who just quote from hearsay which is derived from a feeling?

I'm not here to defend Frontier and E:D - but my own, personal opinion is that the game is worth every penny (cheaper than CoD:AW) and has been the source of many hours of endless gameplay since release. I guess all the people who are enjoying the game are too busy playing to moan about the handful of teething problems (most of which are just hearsay as far as I'm concerned)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon