Reply to post: PJ Harvey ?

Music fans FUME over PJ Harvey ticket CHAOS as Somerset House site buckles

Hans 1

PJ Harvey ?

Is she still around ? Man, last time I heard tunes of heirs must be 20 years, almost ... Ok, not quite ... but back in the day (mid 90's), I would listen to her music a lot, then she got famous and I forgot about her ... will pull out the LP's tonight ... I can hardly remember any of her songs, now ... :-\

When it comes to music, when you become a star/top of the pops/... your next music has to please as many as possible, so all the "heart" and "honesty" vanishes ... coz the labels expect you to sell, not be honest with yourself.

Look what U2, (Zooropa+) Coldplay, Keane, Pulp, (random list of bands), Stones (since 70's, I know I'll get massively downvoted here, but their music died with the bloke - to claim he was not doing anything anymore is more than suspicious, the rest of their stuff sucks) are/were doing ... One band that has managed fame is Buzzcocks ... though I doubt anybody here would know them ... precisely ... but each and everyone on here know a song or two ... a cover, ok, but still, funny, huh ?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon