Reply to post:

Movie industry's evil plan to destroy the internet is going precisely nowhere

Wattsy

Perhaps if they made things cheaper and easier then that will have a knock on effect of slowing down pirate activity.

Cinema's are stupidly expensive (but people will still pay!) and all the extras associated with going to the cinema (3D addon, food, drinks etc.) are also priced so steep that a normal family needs to spend over £50 to see one film. Perhaps dropping the price back to 4 or 5 quid a film and then some sensible pricing on food stuff will help encourage us back to the cinema. I used to enjoy a weekly jaunt to the cinema with friends but it's to expensive now to justify.

Streaming a film depends on multiple providers, that means multiple accounts all taking their monthly subscription for the end user to watch maybe one or two films a week. What would help would be one account to watch any film from any provider that gets billed either by subscription or PAYG and that also needs to be Cheap! (£1.99 for a one off or a £10 a month for any age film). The problem with that is the likes of Sony et all will need to work together, and we KNOW that won't happen now.

I would be happy to pay a few quid to watch a new film on my own TV when ever I wanted to. Its not about being lazy its about convenience.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon