Reply to post: This news is hardly surprising since ebay has gone to shite!

eBay planning massive job cuts following PayPal split – report

Jimbo in Thailand

This news is hardly surprising since ebay has gone to shite!

I've been a fairly active ebay buyer and occasional seller for almost 13 years now. Since choosing to become an expat 10+ years ago ebay has been a lifeline for stuff I either can't get here or is simply way too expensive due to Thailand's ultra-corrupt monopoly distribution system. I'll save that rant for another day.

OK, during my decade long expat odyssey I've steadily observed ebay heading for the sewer (nice euphemism, eh?). Of course greed is the reason and current CEO John Donahue has proven himself to be a completely clueless effing greedy moron. He obviously rode the short bus to CEO school. In a nutshell, via his policies, he has proven himself time and time again to be 100% pro seller and 100% anti buyer at all costs. The dumb f*ck doesn't realize that without buyers there ain't gonna be NO ebay.

I confess I never thought much of Meg Whitman when she was CEO of ebay (and think even less of her post-ebay), but compared to John Donahue, she was a freakin' Einstein, and the ebay experience under her watch was actually a lot of fun. And with the low ebay fees back then prices were much better.. Ahhh, those were the good ol' days when you could actually have decent communications between buyers and sellers to make the right buying decision. Of course Donahue has almost completely finished implementing his policy of ZERO communications between buyers and sellers. The stupid pecker-head doesn't realize that good communication is what made ebay what it was. He's also completely forgotten how important a positive 'ebay experience' was/is to ebay's success.

I have many other gripes but will stop here as this is turning into a tome. Suffice it to say that, if it were legal, and I was in the same room with that dumbass extraordinaire, aka John Donahue, I would put my right foot so far up his ass/arse that he could taste my friggin' shoestrings!

/end rant

Sigh... if only there was a decent alternative to ebay.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon