Reply to post: Re: Kiwi AC I assume this was their intention all along... @Matt Bryant

Megaupload overlord Kim Dotcom: The US has radicalised me!

Kiwi

Re: Kiwi AC I assume this was their intention all along... @Matt Bryant

"....When Uncle sam points the finger at us, we should all admit our guilt and never dare to resist. We cannot be innocent if US says we're guilty!...." <Yawn> K.C has had and still has every opportunity to defend himself in the U.S. courts

Why should he have to? What crime has he comitted there? What crime has he comitted here? To date he's not been accused of anything illegal against NZ law (although you can bet that Shon Key and his bunch will soon re-write laws to fix that - when it was found that those conducting the raid on KDC's place acted in an illegal and even criminal manner, the government passed new laws under urgency to make sure that they could not be prosecuted (ie in NZ now if cops commit a crime while at work, that's fine)

and had in no way at all already been found guilty.

You really are that dense aren't you? The legal process in the US can take a very long time, all the while he would be sitting in custody. Again, for something that was not a crime in either country?

However, IMHO, going on the evidence so far presented, he is a crook, and I'm pretty sure that is the legal advice he has received, hence his desperate attempts to avoid justice.

What evidence? Aside from very minor petty stuff (NZ is quite a hard country to get in to if you have any relevant criminal history - so any alledged "crimes" he did commit would mean he was gone once they were discovered)

If you are unhappy with your elected officials and wish for a more 'liberal' interpretation or rewriting of the laws,

Not interested in more liberal laws (at least not in this context). I am, however, intersted in the government following the laws currently on the books. It should not be something citizens even need to consider asking - that our government (including organisations like the police) follow our laws.

then I suggest you form a political party [..]Oh, hold on a sec - Kim-dot-Dim already tried that and the NZ public told him to fuck off. Does that truth upset you?

I never would have voted for him or his party simply because their views are not my views. Had IP stood alone it may have been a different manner. His two biggest mistakes were to go in too late (barely any time to gain traction), and to side with Mana (disliked by the majority of Kiwi's).

I'm not exactly a fan of KDC. But that does not mean I should stand by and watch my country's government act in an illegal manner over someone who's only offences were "civil" in nature. If you could present any reliable evidence of any crime against NZ law that he committed before he arrived here, I would perhaps consider him being deported (it would depend on the crime, how long ago, time served and so on). But whatever the case, I would expect our government to follow our rules, not prostitute themselves for some yankee scumbags.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon